Breed: Russian Blue:
- The Russian Blue has a thick coat with a very dense
- The coat color is an even blue with a lustrous, silvery sheen.
- The eyes are large, almond shaped, widely spaced and emerald
- The head is longer from the ears to the eyes than from the eyes
to the nose.
- The ears are large and pointed.
- The Russian Blue has a long, graceful outline with long, yet
- The Russian Blue is a cautious cat, sensitive to changes in its
- Russian Blues are dignified and gentle, and tend to be less
destructive than other breeds.
- They make ideal indoor companions.
- The breed history is uncertain, although the Russian Blue probably
originated in Russia before the 1800s.
- Russian Blues were exhibited in Britain in the Crystal Palace
show in 1871 (although these cats had yellow eyes).
- The Russian Blue is mentioned by name in the book "Our Cats" by
Harrison Weir (1893).
The Encyclopedia of the Cat, Bruce Fogel, DVM,
DK Publishing, Inc., New York, 1997, pp. 170.